Monday, April 28, 2008

Augery

The dreaded division of my living quarters has begun. Saturday the male human and his friend went off with the truck and came back with a strange machine in the back. It looked like a very large lawn mower with four appendages sticking out at each corner. It has a long, twisted metal bit that sticks into the ground. It glugs back a drink of gasoline and suddenly springs into action, roaring and flinging dirt around like TJ on a digging mission. We watched them make some holes around the yard and then they took it into my stall. I now have two posts in the exact middle and I know that the worst is yet to come.

I discovered these posts when I trudged in after the other three. TJ had already been in my stall to see the changes and wove in and out and around the posts and then shot out into the aisle. "Hey, I'm gonna have a lotsa fun in ther", he said. I can hardly wait. I lose half my living quarters and have the lunatic mule as a next door neighbour. Iwas so taken aback by the sudden post appearance that I froze in the stall doorway, ignored my dinner and was still in the same position when the woman came back later in the evening. The full horror of it all washed over me in waves. Mule-zilla is coming to live on my doorstep. This does not auger well (sorry, but that was irresistable).

8 comments:

Uncle Ed said...

Does this mean that Terrible Joke is going to be your almost roommate? This truly is a travesty of biblical proportions. All of Sheafferdom are going to have to put our collective heads together and see if we can help you out of this injustice. Maybe if we all blogged the woman she will change her obviously diluted mind. We are behind you my friend.

Uncle Ed

robert5721 said...

Sheaffer,
at least you will be able to keep your eye on TJ if he is that close, just hope that he will not be able to stick his head into YOUR living room and mess with you....if he can get his head through the wall, maybe you can arrange a way to get him stuck there so you can throw road apples at him for a while....he he he....I can not believe the insensitivity involved in giving half of YOUR living quarters away to an ingrate mule..
Oh well, such is life....I am with Uncle Ed on this one, we are behind you !!
Mr Gale

ponymaid said...

Tragically, she is all too serious. TJ has been living in the end of the aisle all winter and now they want to access the back doors that form one wall of his stall. Purely selfish - he could live in the tack room or in an oat bag or over in one of the potato storage buildings - there are so many obvious options. They have tried every mathematical permutation to figure out a spot for him and it keeps coming back to my doorstep. They promise to build a "second Berlin Wall" between us but knowing them it will be a string with a rag on it. How am I supposed to run a political campaign with this threat hanging over my head?

billie said...

Oh, no, Sheaffer - I send condolences. Keep your chin up. Maybe it won't be as bad as it seems!

ponymaid said...

Thank you billie - unfortunately TJ is always worse than he seems...he needs that Ritalin potion that they give human offspring but I can't convince that he isn't simply "exuberant".

robert5721 said...

Sheaffer,
this IS a problem, if you actually ingnored your dinner bucket....you would think that the woman would realize the seriousness of THAT....we will need to huddle and figure out our method of resolution to this....you can always move to mineral Virginia and stay here with the 18 other donkeys and us....this is an OPEN INVITATION from Dicey and all of us here at Olde Towne Farm....
Mr Gale

Gale said...

I'm desperately trying to catch up with your posts, Sheaffer!

I'm very glad you posted some pictures. Why are the people handling the auger SMILING? Having had first-hand experience with one of those machines, I can guarantee you I was NOT smiling after using it!

While Uncle Ed and Robert may be "behind you" regarding this sudden change in your living quarters, believe me, TJ is probably, by now, "beside you" and there is no changing that!

Try Rambo's solution to anything that is objectionable. Turn your rump to it!

ponymaid said...

Mr.Gale, am leaving on foot for Olde Towne Farm immediately - expect me around Thanksgiving (the American one, not the Canadian).

Or if you leave now, you could be here by tomorrow mid-day and I could just quietly disappear with you. They probably wouldn't notice for days...