Tuesday, November 11, 2008

She's Gadding About Again...

She's just shaken off her heaves and settled back into our usual routine and now she tells us she is off to a massive equine affaire in the state of Massachusetts. I believe that's the place where, long ago, they threw all their tea in a harbour. She will either have to drink coffee or pack some tea bags. She is not a very pleasant individual when deprived of tea. She is travelling with a herd of like-minded females and they will take the brunt of her tea-less state if she goes without for a few hours. Just think of a human pinning their ears and wringing their tail and you get the general idea. She says I exaggerate wildly but we all know the truth.

The main goal of this trip is to buy supplies for the PrimRose Donkey Sanctuary. She will use the monies from my Cafe Press line of merchandise and she is leaning heavily on the male human to extract even more funds. I applaud (figuratively, of course) her efforts but was stunned to learn her main purchases will be wormers! Apparently, in her mind, nothing says she cares like the gift of vermifuge. Not snacks, not playthings - wormers. She means well but her taste in festive gifts is wanting.

Jack and I received a warning about our enthusiastic level of play - she called us "wild men". This is all because the other day she saw us stand on our hind legs and lock our front legs together, like two stallions of the plains. She is afraid Jack will fall and break something but the truth is I would probably be the one in traction. Then yesterday we had a wild chase through the trees, reaching approx. mach 3. Jack was dodging and snaking around like a bronco and then he broke into his best elevated dressage trot. I thundered around, making dragon-like noises, flicking my ears and hoofs in all directions. I think that fine British phrase 'gob-smacked" pretty much sums up her reaction. Hehhehheh...

I will let you know when she returns, laden down with vast quantities of wormers. We have given her a list of the things we want but she snorted and said something about hades and snap freezes. I just know we'll all be getting wormers in our stockings this year.

For those of you who requested my e-store address, it's. www.cafepress.com/sheaffer I'm exhausted by the hustle-bustle of the world of commerce and public appearances (well, three so far) but am unswerving in my dedication to Jack, and therefore other donkeys like him. The woman called me a "plucky little soldier" but my ears are large enough to filter out sarcasm when I hear it.

4 comments:

Finn the Wonder Pony said...

Sheaffer, You and Jack look stunning in your new photos! We have been having Indian Summer here; it's been in the 60's most days, but now it's deteriorating... 50's today and thru the weekend, 40's and the rest of the downward spiral to ensue after that. My woman is going to the huge equine affaire thingy too. She is helping her friend who is bringing 2 Dales Ponies - a rare breed here in the states. She tells me she will be wearing her Sheaffer Tshirt on one of the days and would like to meet your woman. When not shopping or watching a clinic, she will be mostly in or near the American Driving Society booth in the Breed Pavillion or at Driving Essentials in the Better Living Center. I always hope she will bring me treats, but she mostly buys clothes for herself and supplements for me. Supplements are only one step above wormers. And, since you brought it up, she will probably bring home wormers for us as well. Enjoy your time with your sitter... he seems to know when to *forget* the right things...

Buddy said...

Well I thought I had posted but I do not see it.

This is me Sally - Buddy's woman. I'm thinking of getting him a donkey as a fren - but not sure if they will get along - so I'm asking Sheaffer for his advise on this subject.

XXOO

ponymaid said...

cindylou - ohdearohdearohdear! She just picked up your message when she returned. She is considerably upset knowing she missed meeting your human. Imagine if she had taken a picture of your woman wearing my image! Oh dear. Will your person be attending the Ohio event? We are awash in dewormers here...and so the festive season begins.

oh my goodness, Sally and buddy, you must seek donkey company immediately. A barn is not a home without a donkey. Doc and I were fast friends from the moment we met. I think buddy is the perfect donkey companion - smart, funny and handsome to boot. I suspect buddy would prefer a boy donkey friend so they could do what Doc calls "guy stuff" together. Keep us updated on your search.

Finn the Wonder Pony said...

Oh Sheaffer, My woman is always a day late and a dollar short. She didn't see your post until Wednesday, by which time I am sure your woman was already in Massachussetts. She did wear your T-shirt all day Saturday and asked everyone with a long-ears if they had heard of you and/or met the woman. Some did know of you (many more should!) but no one had met the woman. (sigh!)
My woman did come home with a very small package of cookies for me. She forgot the wormers!!! Although something tells me that she will buy them elsewhere. She won't be attending the Ohio Affaire, but is threatening to take my pony to a Combined Driving Event called Bromont next June. Maybe they can meet up then.
In the meantime, we will continue to be fans and commiserate over the end of Indian Summer and the beginning of a Long Cold Winter. (shudder!)