Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The weather today can only be described by a four letter word. Rain. I hate to resort to profanity, but there you have it. Rain is a donkey's worst nightmare (along with plastic shavings bags, of course). We breakfasted in the run-in and then the silly horses insisted on going outside. Five minutes and I was waterlogged. Then a wind came up and all sorts of blowing leaves stuck to me. By the time it cleared in the afternoon the human female kindly assured me that I looked like part of a Halloween exhibit - I chose to take the higher road and pointedly turned my back on her.

I used to think the human male was fairly normal but since the "Rap" incident, I've changed my mind. He's posted it under "comments" for the whole world to read! Now he's taken to calling me Twenny Cent. I'm devising something equally awful to call him - possibly Plugged Nickle...

We were let in early tonight to dry out and the human female tried to towel me off. The effort is appreciated but frankly, once I'm this saturated it can take days to fully recover. She remarked that I resembled a compost heap and immediately negated all her good intentions. She tried to make amends by giving us an apple and an English mint with our dinner. I was going to boycott the obvious bribe but when I looked, both items had mysteriously disappeared. I blame the cat.

1 comment:

BumbleVee said...

Oh, Sheaffer... you do make me laugh. I have begun at the beginning and am working my way towards 2008... laughing all the way... thanks for a fun read...