Monday, December 3, 2007

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

I had to borrow from a seasonal tune to even begin to describe the weather we're having. Everything a donkey hates with a passion. The woman let me stay in most of the day - the others preferred to be out for some reason. She closed the tack room door and left the stall doors open and just let me potter around and eat my hay in the aisle.

I did go out for a few hours and was fortunate to witness Doc and TJ wrestling under the barn eaves when a huge sheet of snow let loose and nearly buried them both. Much sneezing and snorting from both and TJ looked like the Abominable Mini-Mule (how appropriate). I also witnessed the woman hanging onto Molly mare's tail and being towed across the ice to the run-in. That horse must be part ATV. She certainly walks as if she has snow tires on all four. Her ancestors are from the Tyrol so she is rather smug about all things winter-y.

I very much appreciate all the nice things people have said about my parade experience. I take my role as a donkey ambassador very seriously and hope to do more meet and greet events in the future. They're talking about training TJ to be my sidekick but I fear there could be lawsuits arising from personal injury and collatoral damage. Maybe if they drugged him senseless and just propped him up...

No comments: